Active Minds at Neumann University is an organization working to change the conversation about mental health. We are hoping to increase student awareness of mental health issues by providing information and resources that will encourage students to seek help as soon as it is needed, and to serve as a connection between students and the mental health community. We hope to do this by spreading awareness through educational and entertaining events.
Our Main Focus is to . . .
- Increase awareness of issues surrounding mental health, substance abuse and learning disabilities.
- Reduce stigma toward people with mental illness, people with substance abuse problems and people with learning disabilities so that students feel more comfortable seeking help when it is needed and openly discussing mental-health related issues.
- Promote a general awareness of "self health" by emphasizing techniques that care for the body, mind and spirit.
- Provide students, faculty and staff easy access to information about Eating Disorders, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Substance Abuse and Learning Disabilities.
- Serve as a connection between Neumann University student body and the mental health community by hosting guest speakers, providing informational fact sheets, and organizing other events designed to reduce stigma and raise awareness.