Applicants with a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution who have successfully completed all prerequisite courses are eligible for consideration for entry to the Physical Therapy Program, subject to the approval of the Program Director. Acceptance is on a competitive basis after a review of credentials and an interview. Enrollment is limited to 30 students each year. Because of the high demand for this program, applicants are urged to submit and complete their applications with all supporting documentation by the Fall preceding the next May's incoming class. Seats are offered on a rolling basis beginning each November. All applicants must submit the following materials to the Universitys Office of Admissions:
1. Completed application form online HERE.
2. Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
3. Résumé and letter of intent detailing educational and career goals
4. Three (3) official letters of recommendation, including one from an employer and one from a physical therapist. Each letter should be accompanied by a completed Reference Form found HERE. To be considered official, all letters must be submitted directly from the recommender him/herself. Electronic mail format is acceptable for letters of recommendation.
5. A minimum of 200 hours of documented experience with a physical therapist.
These hours must be verified by the supervising PT and must state exactly how many hours have been earned. This can appear via a letter on letterhead, a timesheet, or an old paystub.
6. Official Graduate Record Exam scores no more than five years old
(University code: 2628). Competitive scores for the 2016 cohort were 150, 150, 4.5
The Physical Therapy program requires a minimum overall score of 89, with a minimum score of 26 on the verbal subtest on the Internet-based TOEFL or its equivalent on either the computer-based or paper and pencil test. This test is required for students from a non-English speaking country or for whom English is a second language.
7. Submit a completed DPT prerequisite form found HERE.
Please upload this document to your profile, email as an attachment to GradAdultAdmiss@neumann.edu or mail or hard copy to:
Office of Admissions
One Neumann Drive
Aston, PA 19014-1298
The department will begin to review completed files in or around mid-October. Those candidates who are deemed the strongest will be invited for interviews beginning in November. The department will continue to review completed applications and welcome interviews until all seats are filled. All decisions are finalized by the end of February.
Admission requirements include completion of the following prerequisite courses:
Anatomy and Physiology----- 8 credits
These prerequisite courses must be completed at a regionally-accredited college or university. Stronger applicants traditionally hold a 3.5 GPA in the science prerequisite courses and a 3.0 in the non-science courses.
With the approval of the Program Director, students may be conditionally accepted into the Physical Therapy program, with the understanding that they must satisfactorily complete all outstanding prerequisites and admission requirements by June 30th of the first term in which they are enrolled in the Program. Students who fail to meet the terms of their Conditional Acceptance will not be permitted to continue in the Program. (For additional information, please refer to the Admissions section of the catalog.)
For more information, please call the Office of Graduate and Adult Programs Admissions at 610-361-5208 or (800) 9-NEUMANN or feel free to e-mail us at GradAdultAdmiss@neumann.edu