- Resources for
- http://www.rxlist.com - The internet drug
index - Providing fast, reliable information to
both the consumer and the medical professional.
- www.needymeds.com — Needy meds — information
about drug programs for indigent patients.
- www.fda.gov — US food and Drug
Administration (FDA) — food and drug safety
notifications. FDA-produced documents, and
- http://www.medscape.com — Medscape — online
current medial journal with full text articles,
patient information sheets/handouts. Also free
access to Medline, Aidsline, etc. for those who
do not have other access.
- www.cdc.gov — Center for Disease Control
- www.nih.gov — National Institutes of Health
- http://www.aafp.org — American academy of
family physicians. Great site for anything to do
with primary care; peds and adult. Full text
articles, patient info sheets, etc.
- www.alz.org — disease or organ specific —
Alzheimer's association — Alzheimer's resources
for caregivers, organizational activities, and
- www.lungusa.org — American lung association
— information on lung disorders, including
treatment and long-term care, conferences, and
- www.tchin.org — congenital heart disease
information and resources — information and
resources for patients with congenital or
acquired heart disease.
- www.bloodpressure.com — the hypertension
network — research and recommendations for
living with high blood pressure.
- www.aana.com — American association of nurse
anesthetists — general information on anesthesia
for patients and professionals. Professional
resources and continuing education.
- www.aacn.org — American association of
critical care nurses — AACN is dedicated to
creating a healthcare system driven by the needs
of patients and families where critical care
nurses make their optimal contribution.
- www.apon.org — the association of pediatric
oncology nurses (APON) is the leading
professional organization for registered nurses
caring for children and adolescents with cancer
and their families. The highest standards of
nursing practice are achieved through education,
research, certification, advocacy, and
- www.awhonn.org — the association of women's
health, obstetric and neonatal nurses is a not
for profit association of 22,000 healthcare
professionals in the US, Canada and abroad who
are dedicated to establishing and promoting the
highest standards of nursing practice.
- www.ena.org — emergency nurses association —
defines the future of emergency nursing and
- http://www.orthonurse.org — national
association of orthopaedic nurses — the mission
of the NAON is to advance musculoskeletal health
care by promoting excellence in orthopaedic
nursing research, education, and practice.
- www.ons.org — oncology nursing society- ONS
online is a cancer information service of the
oncology nursing society developed for ONS
members, other healthcare providers, people with
cancer, and their families and friends.
- www.thehispanicnurses.org — national
association of Hispanic nurses — as the only
national organization representing Hispanic
registered nurses in the US, the goal of the
NAHN is to increase the leadership development
of Hispanic nurses and to improve the quality of
health of Latino communities.
- www.nann.org — national association of
neonatal nurses — the mission of this
association is to support and promote neonatal
- http://amsn.inurse.com — the academy of
medical-surgical nurses is a nurse specialty
organization devoted exclusively to enhancing
the knowledge, skills, and professionalism of
the medical-surgical/adult health nurse.
- http://aaacn.inurse.com — American academy
of ambulatory care nurses — advancing and
influencing the art and science of ambulatory
care nursing practice and healthcare delivery
systems to improve the health of individuals and
- www.aamn.org - The american assembly
or men in nursing.
- www.aahn.org — American association of the
history of nursing — the purpose of this
organization is to provide a framework for
nurses, as a group, to meet, to discuss, and
influence factors, which affect men as nurses.
- www.ispn-psych.org/html/acapn.html —
association of child and adolescent psychiatric
nurses — national nursing specialty organization
for children and adolescent mental health.
- www.nursinghomeabuse.net — raises awareness of the nursing home abuse epidemic, educate the public about its causes, help residents and families prevent abuse, and help victims cope with the consequences of nursing home abuse.
- www.healthy.net — health world online —
general information on health, fitness,
nutrition, diseases, and alternative therapies.
- www.kidshealth.org — kids health — a site
for kids, parents and professionals on health
care issues for children and teenagers.
- www.medsite.com — medsite — a commercial
search engine with impressive breadth and
- www.med.ucla.edu/wilkes/intro.html — the
auscultation assistant — audio files of heart
murmurs and breath sounds.