University - Chemical Hygiene Plan
7 Medical Examinations date: 7/1/2003
7.1 Need for a Medical Exam or Consultation. In
certain situations an employee or student should be referred to a physician for
an examination or consultation. These situations include:
- A lab worker exhibits symptoms of a chemical exposure
- There is possible significant exposure due to an accident
- When requested because of suspected exposure to a
7.2 Procedure for Referral to a Physician. All
arrangements shall be made through the college medical department.
7.3 Information Provided to the Physician. The
following information shall be supplied to the physician.
- The identity and quantity of the chemical in question.
- A description of the circumstances surrounding the
- A description of the symptoms exhibited.
7.4 Physician Report. The physician shall provide a
written report to the Dean of Arts and Sciences and should include the
- Results of the examination and any tests conducted.
- Any recommendation for a medical follow up.
- Any medical finding that may place the patient at an
increased risk of any chemical exposure.
- Any medical findings unrelated to the suspected exposure
shall not be part of this report.